|welcome to Sports starLIVE coverage of Indian athletes in action at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.|
- Manoj makes a comeback as he seals a win in the second set 23-21. The fate of the match will be decided in the final set.
- The two commuters are still fighting neck and neck with the score of 21-20, with Pramod having the upper hand.
- Pramod recover to upgrade it 19 all.
- Manoj Sarkar exceeds Pramod for take the lead 17-15
- Manoj is now fighting neck and neck. The score now: 15-15
- Manoj tries to come back as Pramod continues to maintain his lead. The score for now is 11-9.
- Pramod is starting strong again, but Manoj is fighting 2-1 so far.
- Pramod Beats Manoj to win the first set 21-10.
Men’s club throw
- India finished with Amit at number 5 and Dharambir at the end of the list with the Russian Paralympic Committee (RPC) pocketing the gold medal.
- Ranking of the final podium:
1. Moussa Taimazov – 35.42
2. Zeljko Dimitrijevic – 35.29
3. Marian Kureja – 30.66
- Pramod and Manoj go neck and neck in the first set while the first lead Manoj 4-2.
- Indian shuttles Pramod Bhagat and Manoj Sarkar will be in action in the Men’s Singles SL3 Group Stage Coming Soon 5:50 p.m. HIST.
It will be the last Indian event of the day at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
- The number 1 seed Suzuki wins the match in Palak Kohli loses in two consecutive sets 21-7 and 21-4
- Palak shows his strength to fight, but Suzuki passes 17-6.
- Time for a break in the second set. Suzuki still dominates 11-3.
- The second set begins as Suzuki looks faster and faster and leads the second set 5-2
- Palak loses the first set against Ayako Suzuki 21-4.
CLUB JET – INDIA LACKS A FINISH ON THE PODIUM!
Marian Kureja of Slovakia throws a 30.66 as Amit Kumar collapses from a podium.
1. Moussa Taimazov – 35.42
2.Marian Kureja – 30.66
3. Mario Hernandez – 30.25
Badminton: Ayako start strong in the first set, lead by 10-2 against Palak Kohli of India.
SINGLE WOMEN’S BADMINTON – India’s Palak Kohli will soon take part in the SU5 group stage against Japan’s Ayako Suzuki.
- Mario Hernandez of Mexico throws a 30.25 for the silver medal as Amit Kumar slips to third.
Moussa Taimazov – 35.42
Mario Hernandez – 30.25
Amit Kumar – 27.77
- WORLD RECORD! Musa Taimazov of the Russian Paralympic Committee throws a 35.42, a world record and a Paralympic record! He climbs to the top with Amit now second.
- Current rankings:
Amit Kumar – 27.77
Uladzislau Hryb – 27.47
Dharambir – 25.59
- Dharambir ends his attempts with a best season of 25.59, his only legal pitch in six attempts. He is currently in third place. Friend always on top
- ONE MORE BAD ATTEMPT! Dharambir commits four times in a row! There are only two more attempts left.
- Dharambir misses his first two attempts while Friendship stay on top
- Uladzislau came close but finished with a best time of the season in 27.47. Amit Kumar still in the lead.
- Amit Kumar finished his 6 attempts
His bet is well below his personal best of 30.25m.
Dharambir will start third on the list
- Amit Kumar finishes his six attempts with his best at 27.7 m, who came in his second attempt.
- Amit Kumar throws 25.41m and 27.77m on his first two attempts.
The finalists for the club throw finals are:
Amit Kumar (India)
Uladzislau HRYB (Belarus)
Musa Taimazov (Russian Paralympic Committee)
Mario Hernandez (Mexico)
Marian Kureja (Slovakia)
Enge Michal (Czech Republic)
Zeljko Dimitrijevic (Serbia)
- As Friend and Dharambir get ready for the event, best wishes are coming via social media. India is certainly hoping for more medals.
- Amit Kumar and Dharambir will compete in the men’s club F51 throw final.
Mixed doubles match SL3 SU5 Group B- Pramod Bhagat and Palak Kohli v Faustine Noel and Lucas Mazur (FRA)
Pramod Bhagat and Palak Kohli lose 1-2 (9-21, 21-15, 19-21) against Faustine Noel and Lucas Mazur (FRA)
- The match lasted up to 43 minutes, the last set lasted 18 minutes.
- While Pramod and Palak made a fiery comeback towards the end of the third set, it wasn’t enough as second seed Faustine and Lucas.
- The Indian duo lost the third set 19-21 and made a match 1-2 against the French pair.
- A close third set with the Indian duo getting closer to the top seeded French duo.
- The Indians won the set in 12 minutes and are expected to win the third and final set to consolidate their position.
- Pramod Bhagat and Palak Kohli win the second set 21-15 tied with the French duo.
- The Indians pick up the pace and are set to make a comeback in the second set.
- With the very crucial second set for India, the duo managed to start on a good note by receiving the first point of the set. However, the French pair recovered the lost point and equalized in the first minutes of the second set.
- It only took 11 minutes for Noel and Mazur to win the first set.
- The Indian duo of Pramod Bhagat and Palak Kohli lost the first set 9-21 against the French pair.
- India’s Pramod Bhagat and Palak Kohli face seeded pair Faustine Noel and Lucas Mazur (FRA)
- The action is underway in the Group B mixed doubles badminton match SL3 SU5.
The next will be the team of Pramod Bhagat and Palak Kohli in the mixed doubles badminton match SL3 SU5 Group B which is expected to start 2:30 p.m. IST.
- Suyash Jadhav is disqualified from the men’s 100m breaststroke final – SB7.
- Colombian Carlos Zarate takes top honors by finishing first with a new Paralympic record of 1: 12.01.
Suyash Jadhav in action in To swim (men’s 100m breaststroke final SB7) at 1:30 p.m. IST.
Avani Lekhara, Deepak Saini, Sidhartha- 10m mixed air rifle subject SH1 (Qualification)
Final qualifying ranking:
- Avani Lekhara – # 27 (629.7)
- Sidhartha – No. 40 (625.5)
- Deepak – No. 43 (624.9)
- Avani is placed No.23 at the end of Round 5. Deepak finished Round 6 with a total of 624.9 and is currently No.41. Behind him is Sidhartha at No.42.
- After Round 2, Avani is No. 11 with scores of 105.9 and 105.0. Deepak is in Series 4 and is ranked 39th, while Sidhartha is at No. 41 in Series 2.
- Actions are underway in 10m mixed air rifle subject SH1 (Qualification)
Indians in action on September 1 (Timings in IST):
6:00 am – Shooting – R3 Mixed Air Rifle Prone SH1 Qualification – Deepak Saini, Sidhartha Babu & Avani Lekhara
8h00 – Shooting – R3 Mixed 10m Air Rifle Prone SH1 Finals – Deepak Saini, Sidhartha Babu & Avani Lekhara (subject to qualification)
1:30 p.m. – Swimming – Men’s 100m Breaststroke Final SB7 – Suyash Jadhav
2:30 p.m. – Badminton- Mixed Doubles SL3-SU5 Group Stage- Pramod Bhagat and Palak Kohli vs Faustine Noel and Lucas Mazur (FRA)
3:55 p.m. – Athletics- Men’s F51 Club Throw Final- Amit Kumar, Dharambir
5:10 p.m. – Badminton – Women’s Singles SU5 Group Stage – Palak Kohli vs Ayako Suzuki (JPN)
5:50 p.m. – Badminton – Men’s Singles SL3 Group Stage – Pramod Bhagat vs Manoj Sarkar
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- When will Indian athletes play at the Tokyo Paralympic Games today?Events of Indian interest at the Tokyo Paralympic Games will begin at 6:00 a.m. IST on September 1, 2021.
- Where to watch the Tokyo Paralympic Games in India?
The Tokyo Paralympic Games can be watched in India live on Eurosport and Portedarshan. It can also be streamed online through the official channel of Sports Prasar Bharati and National DD on Youtube.